Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SUP Brothers!

So we just couldn't wait to get those SUP boards on the water, and sons Joe and Steve and I headed for Lake Washington on Monday to brave the seasonally chilly June choppy wind and spitting rain. First time for them, second time for me on a SUP and the conditions kept us from really pushing the envelope. Consensus, get a feel for this on flat water. Then move to chop, swell, current, and learn to race these boards. Keep working, it's going to be fun. Here's a few pics, and the link to Picasa where there's another 40+ out there... and note that the smartest thing I did was to use up the camera battery shooting the big fellas, before I got out there to paddle. Old age and trickery...


Step one, Steve checks out the sea state and performs risk assessment...

Step two, get on board...

Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about...

Hey, remounting is a crucial skill in these conditions.

Brother, how you like it so far?

Maybe if I run over you...

Ready to race?

OK all together now...

Look y'all, I'm doin' it!

All good things must end.

1 comment: