Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We interrupt this evening...

...for an awesome full-moon paddle on Lake Union, Portage Bay, and Lake Washington.



This amazing shot was taken last night as the full moon rose over Lake Washington by my buddy Phil Philbin. Check more shots in Phil's slideshow right here. Somewhere off in the dark beneath Seattle's Montlake Bridge I'm paddling the new Eddyline Journey with three more of our group. Good thing I was layered up in the 25-degree weather in my Stohlquist rash guard, bunny suit, and dry suit. Phil's blog, Perils of Caffeine in the Evening, is an ongoing joy to read. Everything from Seattle kayaking to Buckeye Basketball, with dry humor and some very deep and inspiring memories. Check it out. Thanks for sharing, Phil.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're too kind!

    I layered up more than I usually do, and still expected to end up underdressed. Thanks to the no-wind evening, and the need for some to get home to study, I was toasty-warm. I'd never paddled after dark before, so it was a transcendent evening. Nice to paddle with you again.

    ReplyDelete